The University’s Centre for Academic, Professional and Organisational Development (CAPOD) provides structured development programmes for staff members across the full range of career stages and roles:
- The Academic Staff Development Programme provides a diverse range of short courses, workshops and activities related to teaching, research and administration.
- The Passport to Research Futures programme includes the Lunchtime Legends seminars, which are presented by senior female and male academics.
- The IT Skills Development programme includes courses on how to undertake technology-enhanced learning, as well as providing training in core skills.
- The Passport to Administrative Excellence programme covers topics such as customer service, dealing with difficult behaviour and writing for the web.
- The Passport to Management Excellence covers topics such as supervising staff and budgeting, is accredited by Institute for Leadership and Management.
- CAPOD hosts numerous events that promote the sharing of good practice across Schools, such as the Teaching Practice Forum.
- The University provides central funding for academic, research and professional/support staff to take up external training and networking opportunities.
For further information, and to sign up for courses, please visit the CAPOD webpages.